Massachusetts Science Educators Hall of Fame
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATIONS
The individual should have been involved in science education in Massachusetts for a minimum of twenty years.
The individual should have made extraordinary contributions to the advancement of education in the sciences
and/or science teaching in Massachusetts.
1. Has had an effect in school(s) and/or system (s).
2. Has had an effect statewide/regionally.
3. Has had an impact nationally.
4. Has introduced/modified new teaching/learning programs.
5. Has done workshops and lectures for student groups.
6. Has publications related to science/education of value to science educators.
7. Has provided service to professional organizations.
8. There is evidence of enthusiastic and continual search for knowledge.
9. There is evidence of leadership in science education.
10. There is evidence of long-term impact on students.
11. There has been recognition of contributions such as awards/citations from recognized groups.
Many science educators in Massachusetts are deserving of recognition. We need your help in identifying the most
dedicated individuals in our state. The procedure for nomination is:
1. Send the name, address, e-mail address and telephone number of your nominee to the name listed
below. Include one page telling why you are nominating this person.
2. Inform the nominee of your nomination and tell them to provide us with: (1) an up-to-date
resume and (2) three letters of reference. Please limit these references to two pages each.
LETTERS OF REFERENCE TO:
Please send the letters of nomination, the application packet, and any questions to: Jennifer Craddock, email@example.com - Mobile: 617-320-5471.