Serve as a CURATE Panelist!
High quality instructional materials are essential to student learning. When combined with effective instruction, they can also promote racial equity. CURATE (Curriculum Ratings by Teachers) convenes panels of Massachusetts teachers to evaluate and rate instructional materials to support district and school decision-making. Panelists consider the extent to which curricula are usable for teachers, are aligned to Massachusetts standards, and support culturally responsive instruction. If you have an interest in high-quality curriculum and a passion for racial equity, then we are eager to partner with you!
For Fall 2022, CURATE panels will focus on the following subjects and grade levels:
- Digital Literacy and Computer Science, K-12
- English/Language Arts, 9-12
- Science, K-8
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for roles unless they meet every qualification listed. We encourage anyone interested to apply. This year, preference will be given to Massachusetts teachers who consistently:
- Build deep, meaningful relationships with students.
- Believe in empowering students through evidence-based instruction.
- Affirm students’ identities and work towards removing inequities.
- Are committed to learning and being advocates for the use of high-quality curricular materials
Are experts in curriculum development, alignment, and/or selection
Panelists will receive a baseline stipend of $700 + $250 per curriculum that the panel reviews. Teachers of color are highly encouraged to apply. The application deadline is June 30, 2022. Learn more about CURATE>