Dear Fellow Educator,
We are pleased to announce the second annual Sleep Research Society (SRS) Infographic Contest and request that you share this opportunity with your students and encourage them to submit an entry. The intent of this Contest is to promote sleep and circadian research through the creation of an Infographic (information graphic).
The topic for this year is:
Sleep Stealers and How to Take Back Your Sleep
What are some things that disrupt, “steal” or rob you of a good night's sleep?
- Think about where you sleep.
- Think about what you do during the day and right before you go to bed.
- Think about what things contribute to your poor nights of sleep
- What can you do to get a good night’s sleep?
Any individual or group of individuals enrolled in high school or in an undergraduate program, or who has evidence of being enrolled in a homeschooling program, at the time of entry is eligible. Current Sleep Research Society members of any category are also eligible, but this is not required.
An expert panel of judges will review each entry for originality, quality, as well as the appropriateness, relevance, and scientific accuracy of its message. Winners will be awarded the following prizes:
- First Prize: $125 or free SRS membership/renewal for one year, a certificate, and their Infographic promoted on social media.
- Second Prize: $75, a certificate, and their Infographic promoted on SRS social media.
- Third Prize: $50, a certificate, and their Infographic promoted on SRS social media.
Note: For high school or undergraduate college student entrants that submit their Infographic as a group of individuals, the prize will be evenly split among the group members.
The contest is open to submissions now until February 25, 2022. The Sleep Research Society will announce the winner in each category by April 29, 2022. The winning submissions will be asked to submit a 1-minute video which will be presented during Club Hypnos at the 2022 Associated Professional Sleep Societies (APSS) meeting in Charlotte, NC on June 5, 2022.
Details on how to enter and contest rules can be found at https://www.sleepresearchsociety.org/awards/srs-infographic-contest/
Any questions about the SRS Infographic Contest can be directed to: email@example.com