You're Invited! Free Robotics + iSENSE Science Workshop
Sat. Nov. 5
Are you a K12+ Educator? Are you interested in bringing inspirational, hands-on technology experiences to your classroom to enhance student learning of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM)? If so, you are invited to a free hands-on workshop for K12+ Educators to learn about:
- Building robots and how to include them in your teaching
- Using iSENSE, a collaborative, web-based data visualization platform
The workshop will be held at UMass Lowell, in Olsen Hall, on Saturday, November 5 from 8:30 am to 12:30pm, with registration and refreshments starting at 8:00 am. No previous experience is necessary! At this workshop you will:
- interact with other teachers who have already used robots.
- discover Artbotics
- build and program a robot creature, using the Lego Mindstorms or Arduino platform.
- receive advanced instruction for experienced users.
- learn how to use the iSENSE data visualization system in your classroom
- Receive information about funding opportunities!
Letters of attendance will be available. This workshop is open to K-12+ educators only. Space is limited, Registration required at: http://umass-lowell-workshop.eventbrite.com
Once you complete the registration form, you'll receive an electronic confirmation. About one week prior to the workshop you will receive a reminder with directions and workshop location. The workshop is designed for teachers and educators. We will keep a waiting list if the workshop fills up. No shows are an expense to us, if you need to cancel, please let us know ASAP at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on robotics programs at UMass Lowell, please go to www.cs.uml.edu/k12
. Please feel free to forward or post.