Please mark your calendars for the High School Marine Science Symposium hosted by Northeastern University and the Massachusetts Marine Educators with additional support from Salem State University. These events aim to inspire interest in STEM fields among high school students, through a morning of hands-on workshops, lightning talks, and a keynote presentation. A flyer is attached and more information is available on our website: www.northeastern.edu/hsmss
Events will be held on:
· March 9th 2017 at Northeastern University in Boston
· March 15th 2017 in Salem State University in Salem
· Both events will run from 8:30am to 1:00pm
CALL FOR PRESENTERS!!
We are looking for presenters to deliver two 50-minute, back-to-back sessions to high school students in the morning. There will be 15-25 students in each session, small enough to make it really meaningful and hands-on. Workshops will conclude by ~11:30. All presenters are provided with a light breakfast and lunch, but staying for lunch is not required.
If you are willing and able to participate, please register by Friday, January 6th by following this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LBHZTPB
TEACHERS – SAVE THE DATE!!
• Registration will open in mid-January
• $13 per student
• Free admission for teachers and chaperones
• Lunch and morning snacks provided
• Schools are responsible for their own transportation
• Register early! Last year both events sold out quickly
Valerie Perini, M.S.
Marine Science Center
430 Nahant Road
Nahant, MA 01908
Phone: (781) 581-7370 x373